Monday, December 13, 2010

Countdown to Graduation!...with special thanks to the ones who got me there :)

So the countdown to graduation officially begins!  I am officially finished with student teaching (thanks to 2 snow days!!)!  There were times I didn't think I'd make it to this moment, but I did :)  (with 1 or 2 meltdowns along the way...ha ha) I am just so grateful for the One who never left my side through it all.  All He asked of me was that I trust Him and fully place my hope in Him and He'd carry me through....and He did.

If you think teaching is easy...think again!  It takes a patient, humble, and tough person to be a teacher!  The two cooperating teachers I worked with this semester are absolutely amazing teachers!  I learned so much from them and am so grateful to God for placing me in their classrooms.  They helped me grow in a way I never could have without their help...so thank you ladies!!!

Although somedays were tough, the kids in the classes were so precious.  I have to say that everyday I drove to school, I prayed for all of them...that God would bless their day and calm their spirits.  I hope that these kids have the opportunity to know God the way that I do.  I hope that I have been a blessing to them and have shown the love of Christ to them, while at the same time been an authority figure.

I am so thankful that God has placed a passion in my heart for teaching kids.  I am excited about the future in which I am going to be able to bridge together the church and teaching by going into Children's Ministry...whether it be in a church or Southern Baptist Convention entity...I know that God is going to use me to impact kids for His kingdom!

Through this whole journey this semester (and..really this summer too)...I have relied on this verse (and I have edited it just a bit)...
"Trust in Me with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Me and I will direct your paths." - Prov. 3:5-6 (paraphrased)

I will continue to rely on this verse throughout my future endeavours and I know God will lay out great things for me...things that will allow me to be a blessing to others and impact the world for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment