Friday, February 18, 2011

Conquered Fears

"Do not fear for I am with you.  Do not be afraid for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

Today I conquered a fear and it felt great.  It's amazing how fears can grip us and hold us captive.  That's why I love this verse so much...God tells us not to fear because He's there with us and for us! 

We all have fears in this life...spiders, clowns, public speaking, heights, facing those who've hurt us, and the list goes on.  They make us nervous, fill us with dread and anxiety, and consume our mind constantly.  What we have to remember is we can't let those fears hold us down.  It's important to remember when we are going through those difficult fears that God is ever-present and there to carry us through.  Before facing my fear today, I prayed that God would give me strength as I overcame it.  He was there with me through it and I had a peace that passed my mere understanding...it was definitely a God-thing!

Do you have a fear that is gripping you?  Give it to God.  Ask Him to help you conquer it.  Believe me...when you do, you'll be so glad you let go & let God.

Incidently, this is my little sister, Lauren's, favorite verse in the Bible.  She is always quoting it to my family and/or to friends whenever they feel afraid or worried about something.  Thank you "L" for your constant reminder of this verse...it's definitely a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment