Thursday, February 3, 2011

So much for blogging in January!

So it's been a while since I last posted...sorry!  I've been super busy (like I'm ever not busy..lol) :)

I got a part-time job at my church as the graphics person (basically everything I did volunteer work plus the newsletter and bulletin).  It's been great so far.  I kind of like being back in the designing groove!  This job has kept me busy, though, because I'm doing full-time work on a part-time time schedule which is a bit interesting to maneuver!  I'm grateful, though, to be building up funds for the work time I lost last semester.

Online Grad School started about 3 weeks ago.  Shoo-wee...it's been C-R-A-Z-Y!  I was really shocked at the amount of reading at first, but my dad reminded me "It is a graduate program"..oh yeah...I forgot.  I am currently in New Testament Intro & Systematic Theology.  I have been learning a lot.  I especially like New Testament.  I've been able to connect a lot of stuff that I'm hearing my pastor preach about with the things I am reading which has been really cool.  Systematic theology, on the other hand, has been not the easiest thing I've ever learned :)  A lot of this info kind of...well...flies over the top of my head.  I have to re-read a lot of this material in order to understand a good bit of it.  BUT, I am learning a lot in this class too.  I have 2 big projects in both classes and I've already hit my pastor's library in search of some good resource material.  Thank goodness for a seminary graduate dad and church full of ministers who have been to seminary too!  I really don't know what I'd do without them!!

Other than those two biggies...since the beginning of the year I've been catering here and there and visiting my precious student teaching students.

Life's been insane, but I'm loving every minute of it and can't wait to see what God's got coming up in my life!

Hopefully I'll do better at blogging in February than I did in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment