Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Prayer from my Heart


"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."
- Psalm 46:1

Dear Jesus,
My heart hurts.  My heart hurts for my beloved friends.  My heart hurts for my church.  My heart hurts for our sweet, precious children here at First Baptist whom I love so dearly.  Please, oh God, give us all peace in the midst of this storm.  Cover us with Your love and protection.

You sure do have one extraordinary little boy with you right now.  Full of life, laughter, and fun - he lived his life to the fullest.  We almost never knew what he would get into next - I even have a paper clip chain by my desk that he made a few weeks ago as he was waiting for his momma to take him home :).  He sure does have a heart of love and compassion - for You and also for others.  Always willing to help anyone in need, be friends with those who didn't fit in, or give of his time to others - this little boy truly lived with a servant's heart.  Now he is able to serve You in Your presence.  Wow.  How awesome is that!?  Thank you for his life - thank you for the opportunity to know him - thank you for the sweet memories of him that we all will carry with us.

For this precious other boy, I pray for a huge, giant miracle.  He needs you oh Jehovah-Rophe.  He needs healing and a powerful touch from You.  Jesus, I pray for his little body.  I pray for Your Will to be done.  Give peace and comfort to his sweet family.  Cover the entire family with your love; let them feel Your presence. - UPDATE 9:05 - You healed Him - eternally.  He's not hurting anymore, He's feeling the best He's ever felt.  He was such a creative little munchkin and he also had a big heart too.  He loved his family, his friends, and also lived life to the fullest.  I'm sure the other precious boy was waiting on him and they are now racing each other down Your streets, laughing, and seeing who gets to the gate first :)  Take care of them, Jesus.  I know you will. -

Over the past couple of days, SO many songs have come to my mind that I have been singing in prayer for this situation.  This one has meant so much to me over the past year - "You Are My Shepherd" by Tricia Brock.  In the song, it says, "You are my shepherd in the wilderness, whom shall I fear?  You are the God who goes before me, my rock and my shield.  In troubled times You will provide and I shall not want, You are, You are my God."  I can't think of any other words to say than that.  You're here with us, You're going before us, You will provide - You are our God and we trust in Your plan.



In your precious and holy name, I pray and praise You.

Amen.

1 comment: